Friday, October 12, 2007

Per-Post #1

Today has been an exceptionally good day for my notions on art.
In the morning I learned that my etching made it into the juried show. So did my studio mates' painting, which made me doubly happy.

In the afternoon I went to the single best convention in my life; SPX!

What follows is kind of photo heavy? I got overzealous you could say. I don't know how to cut posts on blogger just yet. Sorry ya'll

The studio;
Don't let the sun
Best view from anywhere on campus.

Icarus Red Bar Stool
Painting I did based off of the myth of Icarus and Daedulus. Used it as an allegory for the generation protesters from the Civil Rights Era, and how their relationship with the contemporary protest is effecting the capacity of younger protesters.

I think the bar stool opens up an interesting dialogue.

Camden
Another painting I'm working on. It's going to be about the Campaign that took place last month to get the day laborers at Camden Yards a living wage. The guy pictured was a worker, and was one of the first to get the other workers organized and then get them involved with the UWA.

Photo of all of the goodies I got at the Small Print Expo;
LeftRight

What a damn amazing place. The people that I spoke to there were completely amazing. Made me feel so many million times better about being an artist.

Now I need to wake up to some level of reality and clean my room and do the dishes. It's historically the most disastrous it's ever been to my knowledge.. and I figure it would be good for it to be clean if I'll be going home for a while. Plus.. I've been really hurting my feet lately, stepping on all sorts of mess.


Christ. You know it ain't easy. You know how hard it could be.

No comments: